Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

ILLINOIS, MISSOURI, ARKANSAS!!

Stayed in a beautiful Campground last night, right on the lake, had internet (but used my own, much faster) cable, direct hook up for water and sewer, showers and laundry facilities, we bought some charcoal, charcoal lighter and some wood so we could BBQ and enjoy a fire, well, that didn't happen, Craig was so exhausted he fell asleep on the couch, so I let him sleep while I did all my shipping and handling on e-bay, plus did some more listing, so it was a relaxing night! But had a rough beginning today, had to have Craig unhook the truck so I could get to the post office and drop off my ebay packages, then driving around for 45 minutes looking for it, finally I found it and they told me they couldn't take my packages because the labels were printed as shipped from Bay City not from Illinois, so I had to go back to the MH and cancel the postage, took them back to the Post Office and had them mail them for me and put the campground zip code down, now it will take up to 14 days to get my postage refund back in my paypal account! Live and learn! So by the time I got all that done it was 12:30 before we hit the road! So we pushed it today and kept going until we hit Arkansas, wasn't much to see anyways except going over the Mississippi River bridge, that was so cool, but my camera died so I had to get pictures with my phone, hopefully I can get them posted on here, gotta figure that one out yet! Time to get my new expensive camera out and learn how to use it! Oh and the temperature today was in the high 70's with beautiful weather for the last two days! We finally decided to go to the first campground we came to in Arkansas, we were so tired and ready to relax! Well, we found Grizzly's Campground, I called and he said it would be $25 a night, I told him we had a Good Sam's, Escapees and AAA card, he said he only takes Passport but would give us a break and let us have a site for $12.50, I said cool, we will be there in 15 minutes, well, the good news is we get cable, internet, direct hook-up for sewer and water, laundry facilities and showers but we are parked in the back of a trailor park with a view of a dead corn field, I am sure glad we got it for only $12.50, but the review (only had one) said it had the cleanest showers and laundro-mat they had ever seen, they liked it so much they stayed 2 days, ummm, we may too because we got laundry to do and showers to take,so we will see what tomorrow brings!  We were laughing so hard when we were pulling in that I know the owner thought we were nuts!!  What a fantastic adventure, we had a rough start with the MH needing some repair and making us having to turn around and get it fixed, plus an emotional good-bye to the kids, grandkids and friends, but the MH is running perfect and it's been all good since we left Bay City! We thank God everyday we are able to do this and pray to him to help us to keep going! We can't quit smiling and we are seeing sides of each other that we haven't seen in years, there has been so much stress from his surgeries and taking such a financial cut in our income because he had to go on social security disability, fear about should I retire or shouldn't I, but I know it was the right choice now, I was told to never look back on what choices I have made, just look ahead and keep going! As we are getting ready to turn in for the night next to a dead corn field I feel that we made the best choice! So until tomorrow and another adventure, Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment