Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 3, 2011

HOPING TO BE OUT OF INDIANA BY DARK!

My nephew Brian said Indiana is a long boring state and he was right! Not much to see but fields, but  at least we made it this far! Stayed at Pokagon State Park, beautiful park, but tight getting into our spot, we just fit with the dingy (towed vehicle) still hooked up, plus couldn't get our satellite to come in, so I listed some e-bay items, then found out I could watch tv on the computer (thanks Courtney)! Stayed up past 11 watching my shows, then went to bed and couldn't sleep! So slept in until 8! Craig wanted to be on the road by daylight, but he let me sleep in, then even made me a big breakfast! We are parked in a black walnut grove, I thought acorns were loud when they hit our roof, walnuts sound like baseballs hitting, plus poor Lenny, he almost got hit by a couple while out doing his business! Craig said the showers sucked, they are so small that his clean clothes got wet because there was nowhere to put them, lol, I'll wait until the next campground to take mine!  I could take a shower in our motorhome, but we don't carry a lot of water because of the weight, but if worse comes to worse, I WILL take a shower in here and he can just replace it at the fill station!! Despite all the negatives, this is a beautiful state park and we only paid $17 to stay here! Well, gotta get dressed and hit the road, so until next time, hopefully in Illinois, I believe another boring state, but we will see, every state is interesting in it's own right!!

2 comments:

  1. If you think Indiana is big, just wait until you get into Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Texas is big, but the scenery is prettier! Illinois is another long state, but nothing is as long as Texas, well, so I hear! I will be finding out in about a week!

    ReplyDelete