Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 24, 2011

BACK AT THE DON WES FLEA MARKET!

Haven't been on here for a few days because I had the flu and it took a couple days to get back into the swing of things! Still had to work because I knew that Craig would not be able to do it alone, I moved slow and sweat like a pig, but got it done! The 4 days off felt so good, we go back on Sat.  The other couple we work with had a lot of questions on how to do things, we were fine with what we had to do, after all it's just housekeeping, but I guess they went to the managers and had some issues, so we had to go thru a retraining kind of meeting, but it went well and I feel the managers handled it well!  Enough said! 
My two new hats and fan!
     We decided to go back to Don Wes flea market yesterday and get a few more tie-downs for the awning and just take our time checking things out, last time we went we took Lenny and had to rush through so he wouldn't overheat!  We love this place, it has a little bit of everything, Craig bought some Hickory salt, which he has been looking for in Michigan for awhile, so he was happy, plus he got a couple things for the MH, I found me some cool visors that I had been looking for online for awhile, had them when we went to Punta Cana, they are lightweight and in any color you want and oh yeah got me a hand fan, been looking for one of them for awhile too! I swear if you don't find what you want here then you won't find it anywhere!  But while there they were playing some cool country music, I thought it was a cd playing, but it was a guy singing while playing an organ, he was awesome, I videoed it for a little while,but I was getting strange looks, so Craig made me quit! Hehe!
After the flea market we went to the Texas Roadhouse and overate, lol, but it was so good! But it meant 45 min. on the exercise bike, then a long walk with Lenny!
                                                                                              While at the restaurant I got a call from my daughter Susan, she said she got home from work and found her beloved kitten Nacho dead in their bed, she was so hesterical, I felt so bad for her, I know how much she loves her furbabies!  Talked to her this morning and she was still very upset! You know some people would say it's just a cat, but unless you have ever looked in the eyes of your pet and seen their souls you wouldn't understand the pain of losing them! This cat came into her life when she was going through a very rough time, it was a rescue cat that had been thrown out of a window of car!  I told her it was an angel cat, God sent Nacho to her until she was ok!  Angel's come in many forms! 
                                                                                          There is something that I have been noticing here at this 55+ resort, some of the people are so thankful for us campworkers and most take the time to thank us and then there are the grumpy mean and bossy old unappreciative seniors, we wave and say "Good Morning" every day and some acknowledge us and some don't, I don't care I just keep saying Good Morning over and over again until I get some response! I don't think they appreciate how much we all do for them, if they had to hire all the work that is done by workcampers the lot rent would be doubled what they pay now!  I hope that I never become a grumpy and unfriendly like that! I feel blessed and appreciate every day! Craig goes to work in pain everyday and by the end of his 4 days he is pretty sore but he always smiles and says good morning, if they only knew what he has been through!
                      We are going to make the best of today inspite of the fact I am really missing my kids and grandkids today, but called and talked to all of them today!  Well, enjoy your day and have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving! We are having our Thanksgiving Dinner at Mission Bell today at 2:00, will get back on here later today and post pictures and let you know how everything went!
                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment